Saturday, January 9, 2010

..The Good ol' Days !

It was 7pm. I and a friend of mine were standing at a Stationery Store for taking Xerox copies.
“How much more time your stupid Xerox is going to take”, she asked me. I turned towards her, gave her a damned look and adjusted my tilted spectacles.
“What ?” she asked.
“Have patience” I replied.
It was a little crowded place with people around who had come there for taking Xerox. Let me tell you when you are with a female you are always noticed by almost everyone, irrespective of how inconsequential you are.
“Tushar…, you know what” she said in a tone that often frightens me.
I lowered my eyebrows trying to guess what it was when all of a sudden she said ,” There is a black noodle hanging out of your nose.
What followed was stun silence.
With a question mark on my face I looked around while she began laughing holding her face tightly. It was so embarrassing. I lowered my eyes in disgust, rolled them across like a thief to find out if any one around was watching me. No one was looking at us but I could sense their pointed ears and they indeed knew what was happening.
Looking at her I rubbed my nose in a manner full of shame. She was going bonkers, laughing and laughing. I rolled my eyes across and this time I found everyone looking at me. As if it was a golden hair coming out of my nostril that they wished to see.
Imagine how you would feel when your female-friend embarrasses you in the crowd and laughs and laughs at your face while you stand amidst the whole thing with a clueless expression.
I looked down, took the Xerox, and quietly moved out of that place while she laughed and laughed and laughed…
So very silly & so very humiliating, but as I recall now, the Noodle, the people and her 2000KW laughter, I actually laugh.
Wait a minute, Am I laughing on myself.., ? (eyebrows raised !)

No comments: