Saturday, January 23, 2010

..good-byes are bad !

"I think the train has come" she said and we shook hands for the last time. "Keep smiling" I murmured while the train moved and she waved me till the sight could fade.

It was the day which was supposedly the last time we met. Before you take it otherwise let me tell you the person I'm portraying here is one of my closest friend. She is someone whom I had met during my 1st job at a Mumbai-based company. Initially it hardly mattered, but as I started knowing her, she became an idol for me. A Piscean, with more sensibility than sensitivity, a female with a cute killing smile & zero attitude, someone who would always be there whenever the circumstances demand.

I always have a dumb assumption which is true majority of the times that one day out of the week has to be bad for you. And one such day for me is Friday. Believe it or not, but this day sucks for no reason every week. Nothing disastrous, but it leaves me in a state of uneasiness which I could never define. And whenever I used to come across such kind of uneasiness, I used to meet her. Surprisingly every uneasiness and every sorrow used to fade away. She has that kind of magical attitude towards life, that one can't be sad with her.

She changed my attitude towards life, she added nothing in my life except smiles, and the best part being that I experienced friendship in purest form with her.

But nothing in life is permanent, and whatever comes has to go away.
As the train moved out of sight, I turned and... I was blank.

Though I never thought I would feel so much after she goes away, though available on phone, it makes a lot of difference & now I feel that I am actually going to miss a friend.

Someone who wouldn't be there to laugh with me thinking I'm mad..
Someone who wouldn't be around when things go wrong and I feel sad..
Wishing happiness always I bid her a Good-bye,
but sorry to say these Good-byes are really really bad !

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Thanx a lot

Diana D'Souza said...

hey !

someone once told me ... the end of something only means the beginning of something new ... and the end of something always brings out the best in you for someone new ...

Hope if what you wrote is for real then you've reached your new beginning ...

happy writing
Dia

Unknown said...

u r simply superb........how can u write so well????????????